Saturday, January 26, 2013

Potatoes in a Bathtub.

Now I am not a great lover of potatoes but really think they are a quick meal filler that if I serve them it's usually covered in chillies or drowned in curry.  So it's a bit of a step for me to grow my own. Wanda on the other hand loves potatoes and I think I've created a bit of jealousy not only in the bathtub but the potatoes themselves.  they are pretty much taking care of themselves this time and going wild. I only splash water on them and let them do their thing. When I start harvesting them I'm already thinking of hot chilli to make to complement.

Additionally I'm filling the cupboards at the moment experimenting with all sorts of traditional recipes for food storage and continuation. So included is a photo of my first sourdough sponge as it ferments to make a loaf tomorrow and of my pickled onions mushrooms and chillies. I have had success with chillies previously and the onions were a natural progression. The mushrooms were purely a hack as I had a bit of spare pickling liquid and a couple of spare jars, the mushrooms had been in my fridge a week and rather than let them go to waste it was a 2 min job to prep them for a jar. Now it's a waiting game!

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment